Workshops & Research Appointments
You may request a workshop or schedule a research appointment by contacting us. Here are some workshops that the library can provide:
- Zotero Reference Manager - Does formatting your bibliography give you a headache? Can you find the PDF file of the article you saved last week and get its author/title/publisher/date? Learn how to utilize Zotero, a free bibliographic reference manager and your references can be listed in seconds. Collect and organize bibliographic information as you research. Use cite-as-you-write to insert citations in-text and generate your bibliography with one click. This is an invaluable tool for students, faculty, and staff who need to gather research and write papers. There are three main objectives this workshop will seek to accomplish (1) You will know how to add items into Zotero, (2) You will know how to use Zotero to cite while writing, (3) You will know how to generate a bibliography.
- Excel I - There are three main objectives this workshop will seek to accomplish: (1) You will know how to do basic arithmetic with Excel, (2) You will know how to manipulate and format rows, columns, cells, (3) You will have a basic understanding of how functions work in Excel.
- Business Resources - Learn how to utilize databases for business research such as ABI_Inform.
- Excel II - Learn the more advanced functions. Link multiple worksheets, create pivot tables, generate conditional formatting, and more.
- Psychology Resources - Get to know the psychology databases and resources the library has to offer.
- PowerPoint - Get the crash course on creating PowerPoint presentations.
- Religion Research - Learn how to utilize databases and other resources for religious studies research.
- Buddhist Materials - Learn how to utilize databases and other resources for Buddhist studies research.
Group Study Room ReservationsRoom schedules are viewable without login here. Group study rooms are for two or more people. Log into your library account to reserve a room. Look for the corresponding tab on top after login. Students will not be able to reserve the computer lab. TAs, please contact us for reservations.
Purchase RecommendationsPurchases will be decided in accordance with the library's collection development policies.
To recommend the purchase of an item, please fill this form: Recommend a Purchase.
Borrowing PrivilegesStudent borrowing privileges may differ by category. Log into your library account and see borrowing policy link if you have recently switched degree programs. Your student ID card is your library card, please be prepared to present it when checking out materials.
Document Delivery/Interlibrary LoanInformation regarding document delivery
Generally, students may request up to 5 items per week. Log on to your account and look for the 'document delivery' tab to begin the process.