Students may print when logged into the computers in the library with the credentials assigned by the IT department. Please see the IT department if you do not have your own login/password. The copy machines accept the same credentials as printing.
If you want to print from your own laptop, you will need to setup the printer(s) and the printing program on your computer:
Windows (Open this file. Win8/10: Select the small 'More Info' link and 'Install Anyway') | MAC (Manual setup instructions)
You can print simple PDFs/MS Office/Picture files (no duplex, PowerPoint handouts, or custom range) by uploading the files to the Web Print section at the UWest Library Print Services website (you will need to be on campus student wifi UW-STU to do this). Log in with your library account credentials.
With email printing, as long as you can send an email (via computer, laptop, tablet or phone), you can print simple PDFs/MS Office/Picture files. Simply compose a new email with your @my.uwest.edu* email and attach your document(s). Send this email to the printer to print:
email@example.com - Black and white printer at the library.
firstname.lastname@example.org - Color printer at the library.
email@example.com - Black and white printer at ED233.
firstname.lastname@example.org - Color printer at the library.
email@example.com - Black and white printer at Dorm A.
firstname.lastname@example.org - Black and white printer at the Rec Center.
*If you send via another email address, you will receive a reply email with additional instructions to link your print services account to that email. You will need to be on the campus wifi (UW-STU) to do this.
Printing for Guests
Attach your file via email and send to:
Guest printouts are released library circulation desk.
There will be a semester quota for every registered student who has paid their comprehensive fee during the semester registration. Quotas do not roll over, but during every new semester there will be a new quota placed in the account. More credits can be purchased at the circulation desk (or at the Bursar Office if you wish to charge by debit/credit card). Purchased credits WILL ROLL OVER to the next semester.
Credits are sold as follows:
- 200 credits for $12.00 (6 cents per credit)
- 100 credits for $6.50 (6.5 cents per credit)
- 50 credits for $3.50 (7 cents per credit)
- Under 50 credits is 10 cents per credit. (Credits x 0.10)
- 1000 credits or more can be purchased at 5 cents per credit, i.e. $50 or more. (Credits x 0.05)
Official Student Organizations & Clubs: 5 cents per credit, no minimum.
If you have credits in your account, you will not need to come by the circulation desk to pick up your prints. Your documents will release to the printer immediately. If you do not have your own account, or you are a guest user, you should hit 'print' first, and pay at the circulation desk. Your print job will then be released.
Cost to Print or Copy
- Black & White Copying: 1 credit per page. (Duplex is considered as 2)
- Black & White Printing: 1 credit per page. (Duplex is discounted as 1)
- Color Printing: 4 credits per page.
- Please note that the library observes copyright restrictions on copies and printouts.
The library offers "strip binding" of papers for projects or presentations.
(1) $4.00 minimum charge per bound copy (1-200 physical pages).
(2) $1.00 for every 100 physical pages (inclusive) after 200 physical pages.