- Cost to Print or Copy
- Multiple Ways to Print
- Copies at the Library
- Purchasing Credits
- Binding at the Library
- Black & White Copying: 1 credit per copy.
- Black & White Printing: 1 credit per single or double-sided page.
- Color Printing: 5 credits per single or double-sided page.
- Please note that the library observes copyright restrictions on copies and printouts.
- All printers and copy machines only have LETTER size paper (no A4, ledger, or legal).
There will be a semester quota of 50 credits for every registered student who has paid their comprehensive fee each semester. Quotas do not roll over. More credits can be purchased (see the end of this page for prices). Purchased credits are not refundable/transferable, but will roll over to next semester.
As long as you can send an email, you can print simple what-you-see-is-what-you-get PDFs/MS Office/picture files (no duplex, PowerPoint handouts layouts, custom range, orientation/paper size change). Compose a new email with your @my.uwest.edu* email (tablet & phone apps) and attach your document(s). Files should be under 10 items--if more, use the other methods below. Send this email to the printer's email:
- email@example.com - Black and white printer at the library.
- firstname.lastname@example.org - Color printer at the library.
- email@example.com - Black and white printer at ED233, used only during class.
- firstname.lastname@example.org - Color printer at ED233, used only during class.
- (Dorm resident only) email@example.com - Black and white printer at Dorm A.
- firstname.lastname@example.org - Black and white printer at the Rec Center Study Room.
- email@example.com - Black and white printer in the Graduate Study Room.
*If you send via a non-UWest email address, you will receive a reply email with additional instructions to link your printing account to that email. You must be on campus UW-STU wifi. Subsequent printing via this email will no longer require campus wifi.
2. WebPrint: Print via File Uploads
You can print simple what-you-see-is-what-you-get PDFs/MS Office/picture files (no duplex, PowerPoint handouts layouts, custom range, orientation/paper size change) by uploading the files to the library's Web Print website http://webprint.uwest.edu (you must be on the campus student wifi network UW-STU). Log in with your library account and you will be prompted to pick a printer and upload the files to print.
3. Print via Personal Laptop w/ Papercut Installation
If you want to print from your own laptop with all the custom features of printouts (duplex, paper orientation, size, etc.), you will need to setup the printer(s) and the Papercut printing program on your computer:
WINDOWS DIRECTIONS: Download the file from the Windows - Select Printers link above. Open the file. Click on the small 'More Info' link from the warning popup. Click the 'Run Anyway' button. Follow the detailed instructions on screen to install the printer you want, including special login information. You may delete the file after installation. If you are unable to install, please contact IT.
MAC DIRECTIONS: Download the Word document from the MAC link above. These are manual setup instructions. If you are unable to install, please contact IT.
4. Print via Campus Computers
Students may print directly to nearby printers when logged into campus computers in the library or computer lab. The location of the printer is in the printer name.
5. Printing for Guests/One-off Printing
Simple what-you-see-is-what-you-get PDFs/MS Office/picture files (no duplex, PowerPoint handouts layouts, custom range, orientation change) printing is available for guests via email attachment at the library. Send an email with the file to print to:
- firstname.lastname@example.org ($0.12 per page, black and white printer)
- email@example.com ($0.60 per page, color printer)
Guest printouts are released at the library circulation desk upon payment.
Payment Methods: Cash payment is accepted at the library circulation desk. To pay with a credit card, please use the online payment system on the Student Portal (under My Finances, similar process to tuition payment) or the UWest Marketplace and forward the receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Non-transferable/non-refundable credits are sold as follows:
- Under 50 credits (12 cents per credit)
- 50 credits for $5.00 (10 cents per credit)
- 100 credits for $8.00 (8 cents per credit)
- 200 credits for $14.00 (7 cents per credit)
- 1000 credits for $60.00 (6 cents per credit)
For credits or amounts in between the list above, rates are applied by the last threshold reached: 150 credits will cost $12.00 (8 cents per credit)
Official student organizations & clubs: 6 cents per credit, no minimum.
If you have credits in your account, you will not need to come by the circulation desk to pick up your prints. Your documents will release to the printer immediately. If you do not have your own account, or you are a guest user, you should hit 'print' first, and pay at the circulation desk. Your print job will then be released.
Payment Methods: Cash payment is accepted at the library circulation desk. To pay with a credit card, please use the online payment system on the Student Portal or the UWest Marketplace and forward the receipt to email@example.com.
The library offers "strip binding" of papers for projects or presentations. Please bring your papers to the circulation desk.
- $4.00 minimum charge per bound copy (1-200 physical pages).
- $1.00 for every 100 physical pages (inclusive) after 200 physical pages.