Please see Faculty Course Reserve Requests.
C. Library Workshop Instruction
- Zotero Reference Manager - Does formatting your bibliography give you a headache? Can you find the PDF file of the article you saved last week and get its author/title/publisher/date? Learn how to utilize Zotero, a free bibliographic reference manager and your references can be listed in seconds. Collect and organize bibliographic information as you research. Use cite-as-you-write to insert citations in-text and generate your bibliography with one click. This is an invaluable tool for students, faculty, and staff who need to gather research and write papers. There are three main objectives this workshop will seek to accomplish (1) You will know how to add items into Zotero, (2) You will know how to use Zotero to cite while writing, (3) You will know how to generate a bibliography.
- Excel I - There are three main objectives this workshop will seek to accomplish: (1) You will know how to do basic arithmetic with Excel, (2) You will know how to manipulate and format rows, columns, cells, (3) You will have a basic understanding of how functions work in Excel.
- Business Resources - Learn how to utilize databases for business research such as ABI_Inform.
- Excel II - Learn the more advanced functions. Link multiple worksheets, create pivot tables, generate conditional formatting, and more.
- Psychology Resources - Get to know the psychology databases and resources the library has to offer.
- PowerPoint - Get the crash course on creating PowerPoint presentations.
- Religion Research - Learn how to utilize databases and other resources for religious studies research.
- Buddhist Materials - Learn how to utilize databases and other resources for Buddhist studies research.
D. Room Reservations
E. Borrowing Privileges (Including ILL)
F. Computer Access
G. Printing & Copies
• For assistance with coordinating large jobs, please check with your department's student assistants.
- https://pressbooks.directory/ - Pressbook Directory, search for publicly accessible educational publications.
- http://open.umn.edu/opentextbooks/ - Hosted by the University of Minnesota.
- http://openstaxcollege.org - An initiative of Rice University.
- https://milneopentextbooks.org - Established by the State University of New York.
- http://aimath.org/textbooks/approved-textbooks/ - AIM (American Institute of Mathematics) approved textbooks.
- http://open.bccampus.ca/find-open-textbooks/ - Supported by BCcampus and funded by the British Columbia Ministry of Advanced Education.
- http://www.merlot.org/ - A program of California State University.
- https://nobaproject.com/ - Noba (Psychology course texts)
E-textbooks & ebooks can also be found in the library catalog and used in courses as instructional text or reading assignments. Simply search for the topic and select eBook under Material Type. Add 'textbook' to the topic if looking for an instructional text. Please feel free to contact us for additional assistance in searching for or accessing library ebooks.