University of the West Library is an academic library that provides services to UWest students, faculty, and staff. Visitors to our campus should plan to come during office hours (Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm) and register at the front desk of the administration building. Our stacks are open for registered visitors only during office hours. However, we strongly encourage you to contact us first with your questions about our materials. Visitors wishing to borrow items from the library are welcomed apply for an annual guest membership.
Library Visitor Policy
1. The visitor policy is for the individuals who are not accompanied by staff or a campus tour guide.
2. Visitors must present a currently valid photo identification card and sign in at the administration building front desk.
3. Visitors must provide the purpose of the visit.
4. Visitors must provide the expected length of the time of their visit. The max. time is 3 hours.
5. A visitor’s badge/tag once provided must be worn visibly.
6. Reservations for study rooms are not available to visitors.
7. Visitors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
Only interested in a particular item?
Please inquire with your university/college/local public library for details on their interlibrary loan service. They may be able to get the item for you at low or not cost.
Can I access the library's wireless system or computers?
No, in general our computers and wireless system is for UWest patrons only. However, there are catalog computers at the front of the library for looking up library materials.
Can I make copies or print?
You may purchase a prepaid card for copying or printing. Please note, we do not give refunds for prepaid cards.