University of the West Library is an academic library that provides services to UWest students, faculty, and staff. Visitors to our campus will need to come during office hours (M-F 9am-6pm) and register at the front desk of the administration.
Library Visitor Policy
1. The visitor policy is for the individuals who are not accompanied by staff or a campus tour guide.
2. Visitors may only access the library during regular office hours, Monday – Friday: 9 am – 6 pm.
3. Visitors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
4. Visitors must present a currently valid photo identification card and sign in at the circulation desk upon entrance to the library.
5. Visitors must write down the purpose of the visit if they intend to stay more than 10 minutes.
6. Visitors must write down the expected length of the time of their visit. The max. time is 3 hours.
7. A visitor’s badge once provided must be worn visibly and returned at the end of the visit.
8. Access to the library’s desktop computers is only permitted with staff assisted login. Wifi access is not available to visitors.
Our stacks are open for perusal during such office hours to registered visitors. Visitors wishing to borrow items from the library are welcomed apply for an annual guest membership.
Only interested in a particular item?
Please inquire with your university/college/local public library for details on their interlibrary loan service. They may be able to get the item for you.
Can I access the library's wireless system?
No. Our wireless system is for UWest patrons only. Users may inquire at the circulation desk with a valid Driver's License or ID to obtain access to the general computer workstations and use the Internet.
Can I make copies or print?
You may purchase a prepaid card for copying or printing. Please note, we do not give refunds for prepaid cards.