University of the West Library is an academic library that provides services to UWest students, faculty, and staff. Visitors to our campus should plan to come during office hours (M-F 9am-6pm) and register at the front desk of the administration building. Our stacks are open for perusal during office hours to registered visitors. Visitors wishing to borrow items from the library are welcomed apply for an annual guest membership.
Library Visitor Policy
1. The visitor policy is for the individuals who are not accompanied by staff or a campus tour guide.
2. Visitors may only access the library during regular office hours, Monday – Friday: 9 am – 6 pm.
3. Visitors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
4. Visitors must present a currently valid photo identification card and sign in at the circulation desk upon entrance to the library.
5. Visitors must provide the purpose of the visit if they intend to stay more than 10 minutes.
6. Visitors must provide the expected length of the time of their visit. The max. time is 3 hours.
7. A visitor’s badge once provided must be worn visibly and returned at the end of the visit.
8. Access to the library’s desktop computers is only permitted with staff assisted login. Wifi access is not available to visitors.
9. Reservations for study rooms are not available to visitors.
Only interested in a particular item?
Please inquire with your university/college/local public library for details on their interlibrary loan service. They may be able to get the item for you at low or not cost.
Can I access the library's wireless system?
No. Our wireless system is for UWest patrons only. Users may inquire at the circulation desk with a valid state issued Driver's License or ID to obtain access to the general computer workstations and use the Internet.
Can I make copies or print?
You may purchase a prepaid card for copying or printing. Please note, we do not give refunds for prepaid cards.